Western-Australian Government Scholarship(WA Premier Scholarship)
Closing date: 20th October 2017 (Friday) before 4.00pm
Applicants must meet ALL the following criteria to be considered for the WA Premier’s Scholarship:
- Malaysian citizen
- Currently enrolled full-time (100 credits) at Curtin University, Malaysia in an Engineering or Commerce undergraduate course
- Minimum current Course Weighted Average (CWA) of 75%
- Undertaking their penultimate or final year of studies in Engineering or Commerce in Semester 1, 2018
- Preference will be given to final year students
- Will be transferring to Curtin University Bentley Campus for undertaking their penultimate or final year of studies in Semester 1, 2018
- Have demonstrated excellent academic performance for the duration of their undergraduate program
- Active in co-curricular (university) activities as-well as extra-curricular (external) activities
Value of Scholarship
The WA Premier’s Scholarship will provide the following support for up to a maximum of one year (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits):
- Cost of 1x return economy airfare* to and from Perth International airport
- Cost of student tuition fees (this excludes SSAF) each for Semester 1 and Semester 2, 2018
- Cost of on-campus accommodation** for Semester 1 and Semester, 2018
This scholarship does not cover airport transfer costs, cost of food and living, OSH Cover, and any other costs related to necessitate the recipient’s travel to and from Sarawak and Perth.
- Airfares will be approved based on available funding provided by the WA Department of Education
- Successful recipients will all receive the same funding amount for their airfares regardless of the departure destination
- Travel dates must be within the date range approved by Curtin Scholarships Office Bentley
- Recipients must arrive by 12 February 2018 at the latest in order to settle in and attend Orientation Week
Forms Availability / Address
You may download the form here.
Offer / Closing Date / Other Remarks
- Offered once a year
- Closing date: Friday, 20th October 2017
If the dates fall on the weekend then the next working day is the due date.
- Must reach Loan & Scholarship Section, Student Service Department by the date stated above.